How pure is the water coming out of your tap?
If your home is on a municipal or rural water system, the powers that be in charge of those system are responsible for making sure that water is safe. If you’re on a well system, well, that is an entirely different story, but in any of those situations, there are water testing and purification procedures in place. Do you feel that there is a proper water purification implemented and used before it gets to your home?
Why is purifying water important?
Why purify water at all? Water purification removes bacteria, germs, lead, mercury, and pollutants from the water that comes into your home. Water purification ensure that the water that has been processed and purified already is clean and ready for consumption and use. The benefits to water purification are:
- Chlorine Levels: The water that comes into your home will have chlorine added at the water plant for cleansing purpose, and that is a good thing. However, if we consume too much chlorine, it can result in health issues like asthma, cancer, cardiovascular problems, and more. A home water purification system will remove any excess chlorine.
- Saves Money: Many of us are buying bottled water these days, and that can add up over time. By investing in a water purification system for your home, you’ll save money each week with the cases and jugs of bottled water.
- Flavor Improvement: Impure water can have a metallic taste or unpleasant taste coming from the tap. With a water purification system, it will remove those bacteria and germs that give tap water that unpleasant taste.
- Convenient: With a water purification system, no more loading up cases and jugs of bottle water, keeping the refrigerator stocked. Simply turn the faucet on and you have clean and pure water.
- Bacteria Levels Lowered: There is good bacteria and bad bacteria and the bacteria that come from water can cause some illnesses, even life-threatening illness for children or anyone with a weak immunity system. These bacteria have been associated with cancer and other diseases. A water purification system will remove those dangerous bacteria, give you clean and fresh water throughout your home.
- Better Skin: A water purification system is healthier for the skin because it removes chlorine and other chemicals that have proven to be skin irritants.
What if you can’t afford a water purification system, or find yourself in a place where there isn’t a water purification system? It helps to know how to purify water in an emergency situation:
How do you purify water?
Chemicals, chlorine, or iodine are good for purifying water, although you need to be cautious using too much of any of those materials. If you don’t have a water purification or filtration system, you can use ultraviolet light to purify water. Boiling the water is a simple and time-proven way to effectively purify water.
What is the best water purification method?
With more than 10,000 deaths each year caused by waterborne diseases, the urgency for water purification system is clear. However, we can’t all afford such a “luxury” and yet, we can’t afford not having the “luxury” of a healthy life. As a homeowner, it is important to provide your family the best, clean, and safest water possible.
The tried and true method is the simplest method for purifying water: boiling it.
The high temperature will dissipate any bacteria and virus, remove all the impurities, and any chemical additions. However, an additional step of straining the boiled water is recommended to remove the dead micro-organisms and any impurities that settled at the bottom with a microporous sieve.
What are the four methods to purify water?
If you don’t have reverse osmosis available, these four water purification methods will give you safe drinking water.
- Boiling: As we described above, boiling water is the simplest form of water purification. It is cheap and safe and will remove the germs and parasites that can render unsafe water. Allow the water to reach a rolling boil and continue at that level for three minutes. Then cover the pan and let the water cool before consuming.
- Filtration: Filtration is an effective way to purify water and with certain multimedia filters, it removes unwanted compounds. This is a combination method of chemical and physical processes that eliminates large and small compounds that cause diseases. with a simple and quick filtration process.
- Distillation: This water purification method utilizes heat that collects pure water by way of vapor. It has been scientifically proven that water has a lower boiling point than contaminants and disease-causing elements, so when subjected to heat, it achieves its boiling point. When left to boil, it eventually vaporizes, and that vapor moves into a condenser for cooling. Once that vapor has cooled, it reverses into clean and safe liquid water.
- Chlorination: For many years, the powerful chemical we call chlorine has been used to treat water. It is effective water purification method that kills disease-causing organisms, germs, and parasites that are typically found in water. Liquid or tablet form, chlorine is available off-the-shelf and is inexpensive and effective.
What is the best way to purify water?
Having a water purification system installed in your home is the best way to purify water, but not everyone can afford this system. Buying bottled water would be the next best source, but again, that can get costly. Therefore, boiling your water is the best method to remove bacteria, germs, and more.
What is the simplest method to purify water?
Boiling it. Yes, boiling water is the best, cheapest, fastest, and simplest water purification method we have. The other simplest option is to have a water purification installed and then all you do is turn on the faucet and you have purified water!
Get the water purification you need today. Call (817) 205-6411!