Water Purification Needs
Regardless if a home operates with well water or with city water, there could be thousands of contaminants in your water supply. Though your city does go through to filter water before ever supplying it to homes, there can still be chemicals, parasites, and more. Having good water treatment systems in-
For assistance with water treatment systems in the Aledo, TX, call Oliver’s Pure Water at __PHONE__.
What Are the 4-Steps of Water Treatment?
- Coagulation and Flocculation: Positive chemicals are added to the water to neutralize negative dirt, helping to create larger particles, that will bind with other chemicals added, called floc.
- Sedimentation: This is just the process of collecting the floc created in the first step. The floc, or sediment, sinks to the bottom of the container.
- Filtration: Once all the floc has settled to the bottom, the clear water on top goes through filters (usually made with sand, gravel, and charcoal) of varying pore sizes. This step removes remaining dissolved particles like dust, parasites, and chemicals.
- Disinfection: After the first three steps, a chemical like chlorine may be added for disinfection purposes. It’s used to remove parasites or bacteria that snuck in during transportation to homes, or between other treatment steps.
Water Filtration Systems for the Home
When it comes to water filtration systems for the home, there are about 4 major options to choose from:
- Filtration systems: Water filters that remove impurities by means like a physical barrier, chemicals, or a biological process.
- Water softener: Device that reduces the hardness of water by removing the calcium or magnesium through means of potassium or sodium.
- Distillation systems: This system just takes impure water and boils it. The steam is then collected and condensed into a separate container, leaving solid contaminants behind.
- Disinfection: A physical or chemical process that deactivates (kills) pathogenic microorganisms. The physical process uses ultraviolet light, heat, and/or electronic radiation. The chemical uses chlorine or ozone.
As a homeowner, you should feel safe in your space, and that includes the water that you use to drink, bathe, and cook with. If you are considering any kind of water purification services in Aledo, TX, then contact a contractor with Oliver’s Pure Water. We can help answer any questions you have about water treatment systems in the Aledo, TX area. Our team works with all of the water purification standards, so we can help you with any water treatment system installation, repair or replacement needs.
Water treatment systems for bacteria
Almost all water treatment systems filter for bacteria and microorganisms. In order to remove bacteria, it can happen a few different ways: microfiltration, reverse osmosis, ultrafiltration or chemical oxidation and disinfection.
There are several brands on the market that offer filtration through one of these options. As for which water filter removes the most contaminants, that would be from the brand APEC. They have a reverse osmosis filter that takes water through 5 stages of filtration, to ensure clean and safe water for your household.
Water Filters & Water Softeners
What is the best whole house water filter and softener system? It really all depends on what you are looking for. There are several options available to homeowners. If you are wanting to install an entire unit within your home for water and filtration purposes, then the APEC filtration system mentioned earlier is great.
If you are looking for a water softener, then a great combination unit is the Aquasana SimplySoft Water Softener could be for you. This brand offers stand alone water softeners, but they also offer a combination unit that softens the water while also filtering the water. This would be a great investment for homes with little room for multiple units.
And of course, if you are wanting a cost friendly option that won’t require a full unit, there is always the on-faucet attachments. The best currently on the market is from the brand PUR. Not only is it relatively inexpensive, but easy to install.
At the end of the day, it’s important to understand what will work best for your home, your needs, and your budget. Don’t wait until you need plumbing services to install good water treatment systems.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are water treatment systems worth it?
The short answer, yes. Water treatment and water purification help to remove harmful elements in our water that could be harmful to those that ingest them.
Do water filters remove E.coli?
Not all water filters do this. You’ll need one that provides reverse osmosis or distillation. Many water filters today are using activated charcoal as a filter, which has proven to effectively remove E.coli from water sources.
Why is water treatment necessary?
To keep homes and communities safe from chemicals, dissolved minerals, microorganisms, and other harmful things.
Which water filter removes the most contaminants?
The best water for removing contaminants on the market is from the brand APEC.
Water Purification Experts
Call Oliver’s Pure Water, (817) 205-6411, for help with your water treatment systems in the Aledo, TX area.